Top 5 Life Hacks for Better Sleep
I am unfortunate enough to know what real insomnia feels like and I was forced to become a sleep expert.
These are the top 5 life hacks that made the biggest impact out of the things I tried and cured my insomnia.
- 5-10 minute walk outside first thing in the morning
without sunglasses - it does have to be outside, e.g. regular windows block most of the rays that you need for this to happen - it does wonders to properly setting your circadian cycle
- no caffeine in the afternoon
- no screens 30 minutes before bed
- bed is only for sleeping (no phone checking, conversations etc.)
- if you can't fall asleep for more than ~20 minutes get out of bed
you can do a low-stimulation activity (like reading) until you become sleepy again, then you go back to bed